Followers

Search This Blog

Quilted Cats Hideaway

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Banana Bread...

I've been baking up a storm these past couple of weeks. I am providing snacks for a local summer camp for kids. It's been a fun challenge. The weather here has been anything but summer'ish' so spending time indoors baking hasn't been as hard as I thought it might be! I thought I'd share the recipes that I'm doing this week so you can try them out if you like. They're nothing fancy, but it's always fun to try other peoples recipes. Monday's Snack was Banana Bread. This is the same recipe I've made for years. As an alternative to nuts, I've been using mini chocolate chips.


1/2 cup butter or marg, softened
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 cup (approx 3 medium) ripe, mashed bananas

2 cups flour
1 tsp Baking soda
1/2 tsp Baking powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1 cup of chopped walnuts
(or mini choco chips if avoiding nut allergy issues)

Cream together: Butter and sugar.  Add eggs one at a time, beating until smooth.
Blend in mashed bananas

In second bowl, mix together remaining ingredients.  Once mixed, add to banana mixture.  Stir enough to moisten.  Transfer to greased loaf pan.
Bake at 350* for approx 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean.

This is a favourite in our house.  We make it almost weekly.  My 'big' secret for successful banana bread is to use my stoneware loaf pan.  I only have a few stoneware pieces but this one was worth every penny!  My bread always comes out perfect!  I suggest letting your bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes before turning out to cool on a wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment!