Followers

Search This Blog

Quilted Cats Hideaway

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Marinade for Chicken Souvlaki


This is just a basic marinade for Chicken Souvlaki that I use.  It doesn't need to be followed to the exact, but the flavours are great together. This is basically the recipe I followed for the Passover meal.

2 tsp minced garlic (I do 2 cloves)
tsp lemon juice
2 Tbsp olive oil (I use extra virgin)
1/2 tsp dried oregano 
1/2 tsp salt 
1/4 tsp pepper
1 lb chicken breast (About 3- 4 boneless breasts)  You can choose whether you want to cut the chicken into pieces for skewers, or leave them whole.

Mix first 6 ingredients in a ziploc bag.  Add chicken.  Let marinade for desired amount of time (at least one hour, if not 3-4).  I flip bag over a couple of times to mix the marinade up.

If using skewers, pre soak skewers in water, then thread meat and veggies on, or leave chicken breasts whole (that's what we do) and throw  on the BBQ and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment!