Followers

Search This Blog

Quilted Cats Hideaway

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Greek Potatoes


I've tried a few different recipes for Greek style potatoes.  I alternate between this one (from Menno Girls Can Cook) and this new one that my good friend Shelley gave me.  The recipe below is the one we served at the Passover meal and it is our new favourite!  It comes from the allrecipes.com site.

1/3 cup olive oil
1 1/2 cups water
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped (I crush in my garlic crusher)
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp dried rosemary
2 cubes chicken bouillon
ground black pepper to taste
6 potatoes, peeled and quartered

Preheat oven to 350*
Mix all ingredients, except for potatoes, in a medium bowl.
Arrange potatoes in bottom of a 9x13" pan
Pour mixture over potatoes
Cover and bake for 1.5 - 2 hours.  Turn occasionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment!