Followers

Search This Blog

Quilted Cats Hideaway

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Oregon Sunsets...


...are beautiful!  When I see the sun setting in Oregon it takes me right back to Hawaii.  Rob and I went to Hawaii for our honeymoon.  Rob had been several times but it was my first, and I loved it.  We definitely plan to go back one day.  One of the things I remember about Hawaii was the sunsets.  I remember Rob telling me that you have to literally stand and watch the sun go down or you'll miss it.  He was right!  Well, in Oregon it was very similar.  We saw many beautiful sunsets while we were there.  On this particular evening we happened to be walking down the promenade at exactly the right time.  Every 20 feet or so I'd stop and take another picture of the sun setting.  It was a beautiful evening.  As soon as it gets dark out the vendors come out with their bundles of firewood and there's campfires all down the beach.  We planned to do a fire on the beach but we always ended up doing something else...usually meandering through town or having coffee at a bistro.  The fact that I could even take the time to stop and watch the sun set in itself was a blessing.  Enjoy the pics...they don't do it justice but they're still a nice memory.



3 comments:

  1. oh those are great photos!! There is something quite spectacular about a sunset. Thanks for sharing Andy....I can tell that you really did have a wonderful time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sunsets in Seaside... my favorite part of our trip there too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment!