Followers

Search This Blog

Quilted Cats Hideaway

Monday, February 15, 2010

'Singles Awareness Day?'







Valentines is always a fun celebration around here. We get kick out of Rob's brother who likes to call it 'Singles Awareness Day'! In our house its a celebration of all kinds of love. We have a few traditions here for Valentines, as I'm sure many of you do. I like to decorate the house a little, and the girls and I always bake sugar cookies together, although this year we didn't get it done until late Saturday afternoon. Friday Abby had her preschool class over for a Valentine's Day Party...the kids had a blast decorating their own cookies and just playing together. It was a good opportunity to get to know some of the moms better. Rob started a tradition when Olivia was a baby of giving her a gift just from Daddy on Valentines Day. I think this is so sweet, and now he does the same for Abby and Isaac. He always brings them some type of goodies, a card and always a special Valentines balloon. This year Isaac got in on the fun and received a balloon too! I was the lucky recipient of some beautiful red roses and a lovely card from my sweetie. The kids' grandparents came last night and brought another load of Valentines goodness. It was a low key, but fun weekend of celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment!