Followers

Search This Blog

Quilted Cats Hideaway

Friday, October 31, 2008

new quilt and table topper....




These two projects are finally heading towards the home stretch! The pink/brown combo is a cute quilt that just needs some borders and binding....not sure what to do with it yet but it'll make a great baby quilt or a couch quilt if you like those colors! The other is a table topper I did using log cabins made from the infamous Shangri-La fabric collection. They were way too much work and I don't think I'd do this particular pattern again, but hey, live and learn! I've got so many ideas in my head of things I'd like to make that I've been making a list so that if I don't get them done this year I can always do them next year! i just got back from the post office after mailing a few handmade ornaments off for an ornament swap...I can't wait to see what I get! I can't post pics of them yet, but once I get mine then I'll post the ones I made for my swap partner...for now it has to stay a secret!!! Have a great day...here it's raining and the leaves are covering the ground.....I love fall!

4 comments:

  1. I hear ya! How many pieces are in the log cabin topper? Just a few too many...?
    The Yellow Brick Road (is that what it's called?) looks great!

    ...now get back to work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice quilts! I love the log cabin one... it would look awesome in my bedroom. Did you foundation/paper piece the log cabins? That's the way I do it and I don't find it too time consuming. The results are worth it. :-)

    How are you going to quilt them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work Andy! I don't know how you find the time to do it all. I wish I had a fraction of your talent. But at least I've never been in jail! Oh yeah, that's right, your charges were dropped. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the log cabin too. and i think it would look better in my house than Cindy's lol ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment!