Followers

Search This Blog

Quilted Cats Hideaway

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Ready and Waiting....


I LOVE going to our local greenhouses. I find it relaxing and therapeutic. I don't usually go with all of the kids...usually just one or two. The big greenhouse has a great petting zoo where the kids love to visit the animals. There's music playing for the flowers and the staff are super helpful. My other favorite greenhouse is full of beautiful antiques that have flowers planted all over them and I get to visit with some of my local old-order Mennonite friends. I get most of my bedding plants at the larger greenhouse, but I will only get hanging baskets from the smaller one because theirs are the most beautiful and full!! I couldn't wait any longer....Mother's Day is just around the bend, and if you wait until after that to go the local greenhouses all the good stuff is gone! It's still too cold here to plant these flowers. This last week has been crazy weather...hail, wind, rain and sun...all in one day!! Every day!!! Earlier this week we had a tree come down across our road and knock out power for awhile.
But here they are...all cozy in my sunroom, getting used to the climate before they actually go outdoors. Hopefully just a couple more weeks! I'm not a great gardener, but I love having the front planters and window boxes full of colour! I'll be back to the greenhouses many more times yet this year, but probably just to relax! Hope the sun is shining wherever you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment!