Well, our 2011 live Christmas tree will sure go down in history as one of our more memorable trees!
I'll sum it up in point form:
- It was a beautiful, full tree with a wonderful aroma
- We purchased it from our friends Mark & Sarah, in honour of their brand new baby daughter, Megan.
(Where the African Children's Choir children are educated)
- It was a huge tree! So huge we had to cut the trunk way down to fit in the iron tree stand!
- It fell over. A lot. I finally got mad enough that I tied it to the wall in 2 places.
- It was infested with spiders. A lot. I find about 6 each day crawling on the ceilings all over the house. And, I walk through cobwebs all over my house. blech.
- It was a beautiful, full tree with a wonderful aroma. (I had to end on a good note, didn't I?)
|A parting shot of our kids with the beautiful William's kids!|
(I think they were wondering why Daddy was letting us cut a tree down in their yard!)
|Sarah was the ever-gracious hostess who made us hot chocolate.|
We all had a nice little snuggle with one week old Megan!
|Um, Hon? Do you need a hand? HON?|
Like I said, memorable. We had a lovely, quiet evening here where Uncle Ken untangled lights and the kids and Rob decorated. The carols were on and I was snapping pictures. I love Christmas, and the tree is a part of that!