Followers

Search This Blog

Quilted Cats Hideaway

Monday, June 20, 2011

Fieldtrippin'


It seems as though this is the season for fieldtrips.  It's hard to believe the school year is wrapping up.  It snuck up on us so fast that I was really ill prepared!  It seems like EVERY stinking event is on either a Thurs or a Fri and I just happen to work those days!  It's been a constant juggling act for hubby and I to get everyone to where they need to be and on time yet!  This week Abby had the annual Kindergarten fieldtrip to the pepper farm.  We have a great family in our school who own a huge pepper operation.  They invite the 3 kindergarten classes out and do a tour of their pepper farm, a feature on a race car they run, and then feed the kids all a hot dog lunch!  The kids made a craft and had the opportunity to tire themselves out playing!  Isaac came along and did good...a few meltdowns here and there, but mainly on the car ride home!  Here's a few pics...

Ladybug Craft...

Playing 'Punchanella' while we wait for our next station....sheesh my kid is tall...
Everybody wants to be a racecar driver....
These ladybugs are imported all the way from Norway and eliminate the need for pesticides on the pepper plants!
This was my second time doing this fieldtrip and something tells me it won't be my last...


3 comments:

  1. Hey! I found your blog! The field trip was fun, wasn't it? Just the right amount of information/activity for the Ks. Hope you're doing well.
    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pic of Abby and Isaac sitting together, great moment, even if it only lasts a short while.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment!