Followers

Search This Blog

Quilted Cats Hideaway

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Lest We Forget...


Remembering a beloved Grandpa who served in WW2.  Grandpa Harding was stationed in England as a clerk during the war.  I will always remember my Grandpa as a responsible, hard working man.  He enjoyed the good things in life, family, nature, music, and candy! I am so grateful for his example of a strong, family man, and I am even more grateful that he chose Jesus as his personal saviour.  He is in a better place.  Miss you Grandpa!

1 comment:

  1. You know I can see the family resemblance Andrea! James and I have been watching a dramatic series over the last week that is from WWII. Last night we watched the final episodes which was so appropriate on Remembrance Day. I sobbed as I watched the soldiers question why they would sacrifice so much and then see the light of realization dawn as they liberated death camp after death camp. One soldier said that nobody could possibly understand until they had seen and experienced the terror of war. I was brought up short realizing how little I understand of the freedoms I enjoy. Thank you, Lord, for people who HAVE understood and have given their lives to allow us those freedoms.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment!